Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Week of Frustration and Weirdness?

Everywhere - Michelle Branch

I bet you are judging. It's been a long time since I've listened to Michelle Branch. I've loved her since like second grade or something (it's been FOREVER) and she came on Shuffle and I was like AWWWWWW. It puts me in a good mood.

Which, if you have been reading my Twitter, is a very, very good thing. It's only Tuesday and I've either Karma decided to get me back for EVERYTHING I have ever done EVER to ANYONE, or my luck has just run out. Monday was alright, spent pretty much the entire day playing Plants VS Zombies and shifting to work in between waves (it helps me get work done! Goals are great, man!). However, I took a break for dinner and then spent the rest of the day doing work in the study room. So till 4am I was studying and finishing up work. It was not fun, on top of the fact that I butt dialed my home at 3:17am which woke up my mother who then posted an angry message on my facebook. I apologized several dozen times. I felt so terribly bad.

Then today. Today could have not existed and I think I would have been fine. Going to bed at 4am meant I wanted to get some more sleep, so I didn't wake up till like 10:25 (my class is at 10:30). I didn't mean to sleep THAT much, but it's whatever. Then as I was walking to class (which is a long walk) when I was about two minutes from class (it's about 7-10 total) I stop and realize the screenplay I needed for today had fallen out of my bag last night and was still sitting on my floor, which led me to shouting "FUCK" and sprinting back to my dorm.

When I finally got there, I shoved the four copies into my bag (40 pages! Go writing classes!) and decided it wasn't really raining and I was hot so I took off my jacket and left it in my room. I then hurried to class because my body wasn't fully ready for this much excitement so early into being awake. I got to class fine and dandy, so it wasn't all bad.

Until class ended and I headed back to my dorm. When I looked out the door, it was pouring. Once again, releasing another "FUCK" into the sky, I walked through the rain, jacket and umbrella-less, getting looks from people (who probably thought I was insane) and made it back to my dorm, pretty damn wet.

As soon as I got upstairs and threw my books everywhere and jumped in the shower, followed by me blasting music for 30 minutes while I got ready properly, and then crashing for a two hour nap.

QUICK INTERRUPTION. Breathe - Michelle Branch just came on and I HAVE to talk about it. Seriously, I love this song so much. It is another pick-me-up song that always makes me feel better. Michelle Branch, never leave me.

OKAY BACK TO THE STORY. After the nap I was awoken by my lovely BFF Lauren who was concerned because of my depressing and flustered tweets. Her life is pretty great right now, getting her car back and getting to look sexy for her boyfriend's family. Lulz. Anyway, she made me feel better as she always does and I appreciated the talk. After we finished, I rolled out of bed and played more music while I worked on my game project.

I've been keeping tallies on my arm of the hours I have lost to studying and work these two days. I had tallied 6 yesterday and added another 4 so far (I'm going to say about 3-4 of those hours aren't full work, mostly because interruptions happen almost constantly and I stopped for Coffee). Anyway, it's been a decently busy few days but I THINK I am almost done with the work I need for this week. If I can just finish my damn game project tonight I will be the happiest person alive. The only other thing I will have to finish is a script review but ME WRITE GOOD SO ME NO WORRY.

So, just know I'm in a decent mood and things are fine right now. I'm not panicking or anything and I did watch Scott Pilgrim VS The World to lift me up from this terrible morning (it was amazing (mostly for geeks though) and I highly suggest seeing it). I have to go back to work now, so I'll leave you all there. I hope all of you are having a decent week!

Side Note: Also what the fucking hell is on my library? Dinosaur - Ke$ha just came on (do not even judge me. You have strange things on your library too! I know it!) and it's literally just a "WTF ARE YOU ON GIRL?" kind of song. I don't even want to describe it, but you can listen if you want. I warned you though. QUICKLY SHUFFLE TO ANOTHER SONG OMGGGG

No comments:

Post a Comment