Thursday, November 11, 2010

Penny and Aggie

I really love reading web comics. They are a great way to kill hours at a time, especially when you find a new one and have to read through the entire archive. The only problem is, I have this huge list of web-comics, and if I miss a day or two I have to go through dozens upon dozens of extra comics. It's really annoying at times.

But oh so worth it.

Recently I started reading this wonderful comic called Penny and Aggie (there is a reason I linked to the first comic, but I'll get to that in a sec). I read it once a long long time ago, but forgot about it. Two days ago, my friend George reminded me about it and was like "YOU SHOULD READ IT. IT'S GOOD. DON'T GO TO THE HOME PAGE THOUGH, CAUSE IT GOT SO DARK AND CREEPY. JUST START FROM THE BEGINNING." Heed her advice, any who click the link. It really did get dark all of a sudden. First, though, let me tell you what the comic is actually about. It's about two girls, one the oh-so-popular Penny and the rebellious-young-activist Aggie along with their cliques and crazy high-school antics. There are a lot of characters and half the time I forget who everyone is and where they stand, but the artist likes to point out who everyone is every now and then. It's pretty interesting, and I am ever so grateful my high school experience was nothing like this. Cause holy shit tits I don't think I could have dealt with it.

Anyway, reading comics helps me deal with life and everything. I've been out of it recently with my mind running non-stop all day and night. Puts me down, but I TRY to stay positive, but sometimes my mind just needs to be shut off, ya know? It doesn't help that I'll be talking with people and suddenly remember OH GOD I HAVE WORK TO DO and then enter a small freak-out mode, lay down what needs to be done, and completely shift moods again. Weird, right? College work causes me to Panic a lot, but I can handle it for the most part. This semester was easy at first (I HATE when classes start easy. Push me and then go lenient, I need to be in full swing from the beginning or you don't get much out of me) and then started to pile up FAST. It's okay, not going to freak out. I will probably just spend some time in the study room this weekend, as I am better off getting work done away from everyone rather than putting head phones on and trying to distract myself.

Blahhh.

As I have said before, I HATE Thursdays. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate. I am in class from 10:30 to 1:30 but then have this huge gap before my 4:30-7 class. Then from that I hang out in the art building with my game group till around 9 or 10, sometimes 11. It's rather frustrating as I hate sitting in a classroom for so long. I mean, I've spent 5-8+ hours in the art building before, but that's different. Why? Because it's fun to be drawing and painting for that long. But sitting in a class, programming and getting flustered because nothing wants to work properly for 3+ hours? Bah.

That's going to be my major though. So gotta get used to it.

This weekend should prove to be interesting. Friday I'm heading out to grab some supplies, then Saturday will be my friend's flute recital, followed by a fun dinner and then followed by a celebratory party! Sunday will be work day, along with (maybe) tonight and Friday. Project due Thursday and paper due Tuesday. Things are going to be hectic is all I know. I'm gonna be having a lot of Starbucks is all I know. Oh, and my other friend has his music recital on Monday. Supposedly he is doing something silly to his girlfriend during it, so I'm going to record the whole thing. I am so excitedddd.

I'm in a bit of a better mood then I have been, but I need to put away a lot of time these next few weeks to get ahead and finished with all the things that are due at the end of the semester. I can't believe it's already almost December. I feel like time never passes, yet every time I blink it's been three weeks. I guess that is what college does to you?


I don't have an image for you today as the site is being a little bitch. I'm gonna go relax a little before my late class and then work on my novel later tonight. I'm stuck in a ditch right now because I don't like the part I just wrote and am debating just deleting two pages or keeping them.

It's so annoying.

2 comments:

  1. KEEP IT NOVEMBER IS NOT FOR EDITING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, as for time passing like a shithead in a yellow Mustang, I think that's just what life does to you.

    ReplyDelete