Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sugar Cube

I think about you
Can't dream without you
I always want more
Trance to the dance tune
Under a full moon
And a reason to...

--------------------------------

So the first week and weekend of classes has come and gone. They weren't too bad, I have all my favourite teachers; Wren, Willis and Grimsby. The others aren't bad either, but my game teachers are fantastic. The schedule is light at the moment, but I want to take two more, which involves having people drop classes to let me in. I'm watching them like a hawk, but right now nothing is opening up. Hopefully something will open soon, but right now I'm not holding my breath.

Mondays require me getting up at 8am to get ready for a 9am class. Not much there, the class is nice, but I got stuck with the one person I didn't want to, so now I'm contemplating dropping the course, as we have the same group the entire semester. If nothing opens up, I have no choice. It doesn't help that right now my first grade is in said person's hands, and I am terrified of relying on other people for group projects. I have been let down before, hard, and I don't like taking those chances. Right now I am contemplating doing some of that work just in case, which will probably be the case. Waiting to see if he replies to my e-mail before I do anything.

After that class, I have a bit of a break before I return to the art building for Game 310, which is the game studio class. We're going to use one of the common engines and actually make a game. I'm really looking forward to that, since the engine itself is pretty easy to use and runs beautifully. Jay is in that class with me and he's picking it up pretty easy too, and we've already started bouncing ideas off of each other ha ha.

Tuesdays are really entertaining. Everyone in my dorm gets up around 9 to get ready for our 10:30 classes and we then walk (mostly) together to our destinations. My first class is Advanced Game Animation with Noelle. Grimsby wants to push us a lot more this time around, but the first couple of weeks are going to involve us getting friendly with Photoshop and the new modeling system we're using. I am really excited, and will hopefully be able to get help from Noelle if I get stuck. She is really good at modeling and texturing and, well, everything ha ha.

I then meet up with Noelle later on in the day for our Music class. It's alright, nothing exciting. Though I can't remember where to get the homework for the class. It's supposed to be on Blackboard, but the teacher hasn't even set it up yet.

Kristina says hi? She is waving.

Wednesday was the same, a couple of assignments to do for Monday, nothing heavy. However, it started sleeting and snowing and getting nasty out. GMU closed all classes after 4:30, and everyone was trying to get off campus. I swear the cars outside my building didn't move for hours. We were watching the news later that night and found out that around 300,000 people were without power, traffic had been backed up for several hours and it got to the point where people were like "FUCK THIS" and just abandoned their vehicles.  Kristina's brother was stuck in a car for 5 hours.

Needless to say, classes were canceled on Thursday. I was a little upset by this, because my really important class (Advanced Animation) is on that day, and I don't want a repeat of last Spring (Snowpocolypse). So we just chilled most of the day and I got some work done.

The rest of the week went pretty smooth. Gio had a party on Wednesday that I went to since classes were canceled. Didn't stay long and instead hung out with Molly. Then partied again on Saturday after seeing Black Swan. All I have to say is that I absolutely loved the movie. It was really interesting to watch the main character go insane. Also, since she was played by Natalie Portman, I couldn't help but have Natalie's Rap stuck in my head the whole movie. It was hilarious for a while, until the movie actually started getting crazy and I was like "OMG NATALIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING." If you haven't seen it I highly suggest seeing it.

BUT ANYWAY. The party. I stayed for a lot longer than I thought I would. Before that though, I met up with Liz, mostly on accident since I was looking for Molly actually, and I waited with her since she was going to the party as well. I was then introduced to this wonderful girl named Minnet who is getting her master's in Game Design and is currently a composer. We talked about games and then what she was going to wear for the night. Liz then hid shot glasses in her double d's and clanked the whole way down the hallway. It was hilarious. I decided I was her buddy for the night, and sat next to her and Minnet for the night. Minnet and I talked about everyone in the room while Liz attempted to execute this secret plan that she had for the night. It ended up not working out, sort of, but I don't think I'm allowed to talk about it? Sorry. I don't really know, I was too busy having conversations with Gio and then playing Never Have I Ever. I ended up leaving around 3 I think, and came back to the room to Kate, who then started mocking me. It didn't help that when I went to put away my contact solution I dropped it and it crashed to the ground. SMOOTH MOVES GEORGE.

But yeah, it was overall a decent weekend, and am now giving my group member another ten minutes or so before I just do the work. I mean, I'm sure he'll have it, but sever paranoia will make me second guess all night.

Anyway, I'm going to go draw or think up some concept ideas for my game/models for this semester. I'd like to mess around with the game engine, but for some reason it has a panic attack every time I use it (since I run it on parallels) and it makes it rather frustrating. I also need to go grab MAX, which is the new modeling program. Luckily it is free for students for two years. Cool right? Otherwise it is like $1,000+. Like I want to spend even close to that much money.

Anyway, I have stuff to finish up and songs that need listening to. I'll probably update sometime this week, since apparently a huge snow storm or seven are supposed to run through VA this week. Snowpocolypse 2.0 is on it's way. And even sooner this time around! Anyway, hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good week to come!

2 comments:

  1. He actually spent 8 hrs in a car. 2 of those hrs being trapped in the campus parking lot :/.

    I really hope it doesn't snow till friday >< I don't want to miss my classes right now ;n;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the e-mail about thursday classes? They are already on top of this ha ha.

    Also I know! I want a snowpocolypse but I don't. UGH.

    ReplyDelete