Wednesday, February 16, 2011

PLANTS. WEEK THREE

IT IS TIME FOR THE WEEKLY PLANT UPDATE-A-THON.

It's not really an "a-thon" but it sounds so much cooler when you think of it like that.

Sarah:

Moi:

They are so boring right now, not gonna lie. OH, AND THE CHOCOLATE IS IN THE BACKGROUND ON PURPOSE. MMMHM. But yes, they are really boring right now. Just kind of being like "Lol I am green." Though I don't blame them, I have been being really mean to my plants. It's not like I'm not watering them or being a bad person, it's just they grow over the side of the plant because they are trying really, really hard to get sunlight. I've told you before about the position of my dorm. So I decided to be mean to them and when they start growing over the edge, I turn them to face AWAY from the sun so they start growing in the opposite direction. I've been doing this for a while now and it's really entertaining. I don't know why, it just is.

I still hope they grow soon. I want to see mah flowers.

-----------

We actually started using Max today. The teacher was like "I'll extend the homework because all of you were taught on Maya and MAX IS SO MUCH BETTER." It really is, if you were curious. The set-up, the commands, everything. It's just so good! I love it a lot more than Maya, and I'm excited to get really into it. I need to make sure I put time into everything because it's going to take many hours to do the projects. A friend of mine spent 10 hours working on the rocket that was due for the lesser animation class. Yup. 10 hours. I just appreciate that the software actually functions on my parallels really nicely.

------------

I have an art project that is due tomorrow. It's nothing hard, just have to do a design that shows positive and negative space. It was easy to do, the hardest part was finding my two objects to draw and getting them into a cool position. I eventually came up with a decent idea and it worked out really well. Plus I got to use charcoal! I FUCKING LOVE CHARCOAL. It is so much fun to use and I absolutely love smudging it around the paper. The only thing I hate about it is that it gets all over my hands and then I am not allowed to touch anything because the black will get everywhere. You should have seen my fingers, they were completely covered in the charcoal. IT WAS AWESOME. But as I was saying, the charcoal gets everywhere and the part of my piece that is supposed to be white ended up getting smudges of gray all over it. It upset me, but I was mostly able to take care of it by using white pastel to cover over it.

I also need to get some fixative because my piece is going to smudge and Kristina said I could borrow hers but that is all the way at her dorm and I wouldn't make her walk there and back to lend it to me. I'll just forget about it for now and possibly go this weekend because I still need to get one of the bamboo brushes. Oh well.

----------

I've started writing all the stuff I need to do on my arms again. Every time I write it somewhere else I forget about it until IT IS TOO LATE. Now though it's a lot easier to remember because OH HEY, THERE IS WRITING ON MY ARM AND OH YEAH I SHOULD GO DO THAT NOW.

It's sort of annoying because I feel like I get the ink everywhere. It's like when I use charcoal and accidentally rest my hand on it and then SMUDGE THE HELL OUT OF IT. At least it helps me remember to get stuff done now ha ha.

---------

For one of my game classes, the one where we are using a real game engine, we had to come up with ideas for a min-game thing. The goal is to just make a puzzle using what we have learned so far, which is just moving objects and making deadly lights. The biggest idea that comes to my mind is making a security room that the player has to maneuver through to escape from his imprisonment.  I'm thinking a bit of a rat maze and putting lights that swivel through where you're going. I'm contemplating making it one of those puzzles where you have to constantly move because the safe areas will no longer be safe after a while. It all depends on how much time we get for the project. Either way I am going to have fun doing it.

----------

I like my desk here at school, but I also HATE it so much. I don't know what's wrong with my room, but it just gets so fucking cold over by the window. It is just the worst window ever. Like, I don't mind the room being cold at night because I like being all wrapped up in my comforter. I, however, like it to be really warm during the day, but there isn't much I can do about it because no matter how high I turn the thermostat the window is still like "LOL COLD AIR HERE IT COMES." That and the other side of the suite gets REALLY hot when it gets 68+, so there is no happy middle ground. It's kind of lame, but then again I like weird temperatures compared to everyone else.

----------

I was reading through Hyperbole and a Half earlier and stumbled across this one post about her finding her old journal and reading through and thinking "Holy shit, was I retarded? AM I RETARDED?" and it made me laugh. A long time ago I used to keep a journal also. If you ever kept a journal and went back to read it one day you will know what I mean. It's just.... What the hell was I thinking? Half the entries talked about nothing with an "I will update later" and then I would NEVER COME BACK. I was also bad at writing in it because it went from September of one year to August of the next and so on and so fourth. I would have a week of decent entries and then disappear for forever. I mean, I'm like that still now. The other thing was how terrible my handwriting was. It's not great now, but back then it was like "HOW DID I EVEN READ THIS? ARE THOSE WORDS? I CAN'T REALLY TELL." It also had this really nerdy picture of me stuck inside it with the only good science fair project I ever did, which was in fourth grade.

It was kind of fun to read those entries and remember what I was talking about.

----------

I think I need to start taking naps during the day. I feel so tired all the time even though I get a decent nights sleep every night and even get more during the weekends. I don't know what it is, but I just feel TIRED. And I have blogged about this about three times now I think.

I spend some mornings/nights sitting there going "What the hell did I blog about? I just wrote it like an hour ago..." Granted I always remember the next day, but it's just so weird. That and 30% of my blog writing time is spent looking around my room or getting distracted by something or another and then coming back a half hour later and being like "Oh yeah, I was writing a blog."

Today I got distracted by the comic "Pictures for Sad Children" because I was behind and wanted to catch up, which sent me to another a comic and then to the comics store. I then looked at things before randomly deciding to look at Sarah's flickr for forever. Then I came to and remembered blog posts.

--------

I swear to god I blacked out in the shower this morning. I was doing my usual routine, and I usually check my hands to see how long I have been in the shower because if they are pruned then I have been showering for waaaaaay too long. I looked at them at one point and then when I looked at them again they were really pruned. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK I HAVE NOT BEEN IN HERE FOR THAT LONG," then got out of the shower and checked the time. It was 9:56 and I got in the shower at about 9:30. I just... I don't know. It felt like 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it's been over twenty. What. Is. This.

--------


I'm gonna try starting a dream journal. My friend Heather has one and she has some pretty interesting dreams. I do every now and then, but for some reason while I am at school I have no dreams. Or I do, but they are just flashes of parts and I can't recall any of it in the morning. Hopefully writing them down in the morning will help me remember the dream. Or help me remember to remember the dream so I will pay attention in my dreams so that I actually can have them. I hate nights where I sleep and then just wake up in the morning. I like dreaming, I really do. Especially because they are usually strange and unusual and intense. Like this one dream where I was my cousin and jumped out a window. It was.... interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment