Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dammit 3ds Max

Today was so. Fucking. Slow. I don't even know why, it just kind of went on for FOREVER.

I also need to start writing down all my work. I heard we had practices to do for our Animation class, but the problem is I had heard that the practices weren't mandatory and we weren't going to hand them in. However, Noelle complained about them so I was like "Oh hey, let me check Blackboard," and BEHOLD! THERE IS AN ASSIGNMENT FOR IT! So that involved me downloading, installing, activating 3DS Max because I was told they weren't do but they are, and then spent an hour and a half doing the supposedly "30 minute" tutorial. Apparently my book is an older version of Max and I have a much newer one. Seriously, it took me like 10 minutes to find each button they were talking about. There was also a lot of "Go here, then here and do this and things should be great." No they will not you lying piece of shit. My textures weren't even on properly in places and then I couldn't even move the fucking crate. UGH. YOU DIDN'T EVEN GIVE ME TIPS IF THE TEXTURE WAS FUCKED UP.

I need to start writing down all my shit. I just... I just don't know what my brain is doing anymore.

--------------

I sleep a lot on the weekends, yet I always feel tired. All the time. It doesn't matter how much I sleep or what time I go to sleep. It takes me about an hour to fall asleep and then my body takes three to finally wake up. I hate it.

--------------

This weekend was alright. I mean I don't really recall anything besides going to a Basketball game on Saturday and going to the Rat to get dinner.

The part I really do remember though is Sunday. My friend Heather and I, along with her friend Jenessa, went into DC to see Emilie Autumn. At 5 o'clock I headed over to her room to print out my ticket and chat while she decided what she wanted to wear and got all set up again. I got to be her fashion consultant and it was rather entertaining. Anyway, at around 5:45 (we meant to leave at 5:30, but you know how woman are) we headed over to the apartments to meet up with Jenessa and her boyfriend who was our chauffeur for the evening-ish. He only took us to the metro, but it was much appreciated. We then had to walk a mile and a half after we got to our stop because that was the closest to where we were going. It sucked, but THANKFULLY it actually wasn't cold.

The line to get in took forever and we were constantly pestered by hobos. We just kind of talked about everything while we were in the line and then, when we finally got to hand in our tickets, the show had already started (we found out later they were only playing the first song when we got there) so we hurried inside and shoved our way to the middle-ish. Getting to the front was too hard and the place wasn't that big. It was fine though, the show was wonderful. EA is fantastic live and they were wearing some awesome outfits. At one point, Veronica (one of her singers) decided to play what's called "The Rat Game." In all actuallity it's not much of a game, it's more "Hey, you're coming onto the stage lady and we are going to make out for a moment after saying some ridiculous things. Seriously, she just asked for one female volunteer who had never kissed a girl and then BAM. Make-out session ensued. There was much cheering from the crowd.

The girl who went up was this adorable little girl and it was either her first kiss altogether or her first lesbian kiss. I can't remember, but we talked to her after the show and Heather made-out with her momentarily. It was pretty funny. We decided next time we are going to get there earlier so that we can be in the front and that I am going to lift Heather up so she has a better chance of being picked. I am very excited.

I also really don't want to wash off the X's on my hands because I love them. They are really faded now but they are still there.

----------

Tomorrow is going to suck. I have an art piece to do (which won't take long in actuallity) and more Max work that I need to do because otherwise it's going to be hard to use later in the semester. I'm excited for my other Game class. It's rather easy and the Unreal engine is really fun to use. I need to come up with some designs for next class. We're going to create mini-games with fun challenges for class. I'm thinking lazer beams and mazes. We'll see though.

I also just need to practice drawing in general. There are some really good people in my class and I feel like I am sitting near the bottom. I know it's a basic class but still. I just need to put more hours in general to all of my work.

----------

I AM SO TIRED SO I AM GOING TO SLEEP NOW.

I ALSO WANT TO THANK HEATHER FOR BRINGING CUPCAKES FOR EVERYONE. IT WAS REALLY APPRECIATED ON VALENTINE'S DAY/SINGLE'S AWARENESS DAY, DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

I ACTUALLY PRETTY MUCH FORGOT UNTIL HALFWAY THROUGH THE DAY.

CAPS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment